[Wine] Re: Powerbuilder Application Slow with any inner dialogs

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 17 09:58:57 CDT 2010

ragsnp wrote:
> I have overridden any of the application dlls except for the wine's oledb32, odbc32, odbccp32. I guess some of this came when I installed MDAC_TYPE. Should I override the application related dll's (like the pb*.dlls) ? will this improve the response time ?

Did overriding the DLLs actually affect the application in any way? If not, it's probably better to stick with Wine's native DLLs (just to be safe, or relating to other software using the same libraries). It makes for better testing since you're actually using Wine implementations of everything.

For now, the best thing to do is to post terminal output generated while you try opening any of the slow-loading windows. It should help Wine devs determine and fix the problem. After that, you can experiment with overriding more (non-crucial) DLLs one by one, see if it makes a difference towards window loading time, and report the DLL that made the difference once one does.