[Wine] USB Serial Port receives no data

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 18 05:45:33 CDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:24:55PM +0200, Ferry Toth wrote:
> Well, that may be so.
> But again, the driver works fine using native mono or native linux
I know because I encountered just such a problem with the cp210x driver
under wine. Calls were made to the driver that it couldn't handle
properly. It is a known problem under wine. I am not on the machine
where I have details, so I can't tell you more just now. All the linux
programs that I tried including minicom worked fine.

> Is there any windows terminal software that is known to run under wine,
> using the motherboard UART (ttyS0) that I could use to test the usb
> serial port?
 Pass. The days when I knew about M$ software are long past, I am
 delighted to say. IIRC something like minicom exists, indeed must exist,
 in M$ world: "terminal" maybe?

 Someone else will have to answer that.

 ael