[Wine] Hiya.... weird graphics issue.

CorwinWeber wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 19 19:29:22 CDT 2010

Hi all.

Ok, here's the situation.  I'm trying to run QuArk under Ubuntu/WINE 1.2.  Most programs work just fine.  What I'm noticing with QuArk is that the window only seems to recognize the upper left two thirds or so of the screen.  It won't draw the actual program window any larger than that.  It's as if as far as WINE is concerned, I have a resolution of 1024x768 and nothing I say will convince it otherwise.  I can extend the window itself beyond that range, (I'm running at 1280x1024) but it doesn't actually do any good.  The window's borders are visible, and a bunch of graphics artifacts between the 1024x768 and wherever I extended the window to, but the program itself doesn't fill in the rest of the window.

Has anyone seen this before?  Do I have a particular library that I need to tell WINE to use builtin rather than native?  Vice versa?

Thanks!