[Wine] Strange Font

Euralis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 19 22:01:53 CDT 2010

So anyway, I have been using linux for years now, currently Fedora 12, and just recently I opened a box and found several of my old windows games. Starcraft, Heroes, Age of Empires, Stronghold, etc, some of which I installed.

Then I came to Masters of Orion. This game I figured my crappy netbook could handle, and I get a bunch of "ƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ" s in place of the actual text in the install prompt (like thats what the entire licensed agreement was). The game installed just fine actually, but it gives me an error messge which i have a feeling is "insert cd-rom" (i converted them to a ISO image so i could use it on my netbook because it has no cdrom)

So i have 2 questions:
1.)Like i said, im running this in fedora core 12. Is there some package i need to fix the font issue?
2.) does wine have a way of using my virtual cdrom drive?

Thanks for Reading.