[Wine] Re: Cannot open Cloud Nine after installing

Shakkol wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 20 07:36:36 CDT 2010

Well, for the DLLs, I just went to dll-site.com or something and downloaded the MSVCP60.dll and put that in the game folder and that took care of the entire DLL situation. Now the game loads and opens, but once I get to the character select screen, all meshes are black, showing no textures, and I cannot see my cursor (which is a custom texture.) I can press Enter on a character to start playing the game and just like the previous screen, everything's black with the exception of background fog (at least I think that's what it is.) Here's a screenshot (http://i55.tinypic.com/34dlq81.jpg) to give you a better description.

Also, while opened from the Terminal, I got 2 errors that spam the entire terminal, which take up so much space anything that was recorded before these errors cannot be seen. The errors are

> err:d3d_surface:surface_allocate_surface >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glTexImage2D @ surface.c / 862
> err:d3d_surface:surface_allocate_surface >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glTexImage2D @ surface.c / 862
> err:d3d_surface:surface_allocate_surface >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glTexImage2D @ surface.c / 862
> err:d3d_surface:surface_allocate_surface >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glTexImage2D @ surface.c / 862
> err:d3d_surface:surface_allocate_surface >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glTexImage2D @ surface.c / 862
> err:d3d_surface:surface_allocate_surface >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glTexImage2D @ surface.c / 862
> err:d3d_surface:surface_allocate_surface >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glTexImage2D @ surface.c / 862
> err:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 763
> err:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 763
> err:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 763
> err:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 763
> err:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 763
> err:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 763
> err:d3d_surface:surface_upload_data >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_ENUM (0x500) from glCompressedTexSubImage2DARB @ surface.c / 763

And then right after those is an entire spam of

Code:
fixme:d3d:state_wrap (WINED3DRS_WRAP0) Texture wrapping not yet supported.

But if I don't mind being blind, or all I want to do is chat with my guild, then sure I can play!

Even though I can't do much ingame, a while ago this much we have now was completely impossible according to people on the Ubuntu forums. So me just trying new things one after another got me this far. This is where my brick wall stands, though.