[Wine] Russian Letters are displayed as "?????????"

Jony wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 20 14:10:37 CDT 2010

Hello everyone,
I have encountered the problem that when I run an application under Wine, all Cyrillic letters are shown as ?????????. To solve this problem, I've checked the similar topic
 Letters like ???????????? :( (http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=6737&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0).
 But, unfortunately it didn't quite work.
Letters in the application now look something like that:
[Image: http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9599/screenshottq.png ]

Any thoughts on how to solve this problem?
I have installed winetricks corefonts package. I also have tried several ways of starting the application (my.exe), most common is:

Code:
$ LANG=ru_RU.utf8 wine my.exe

In case you need to know, "locale -a" command gives the following:

Code:
en_AG
en_AU.utf8
en_BW.utf8