[Wine] Program looking for dll's

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 21:20:58 CDT 2010

Hi James,

>This should fix the problem.  However, a little research of the Applications Database would be in order as well.  If >this does work, the Applications Database entry needs to be updated.

I looked in the database, i don't even see it there (not that that
means anything, really). So i suppose someone could add it, if it
works...

> Because malware will work with Wine in most cases as if it were Windows.
>  Also, it always pays to be protective.

I half agree.  It is less likely to have those problems in Wine, than
if you were using Windows.
and it doesn't always pay to be protective, unless you mean paying
with wasted system resources adn reduced performance...

I keep a backup of the registry, and if i run into problems, i just
rename .wine start a new prefix and migrate apps and the registry - it
takes 5-10 minutes (with lots of apps installed). works like a charm.

jordan