[Wine] Re: Strange Font

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 21 14:31:20 CDT 2010

Euralis wrote:
> I dont mean to argue, but on my distribution if you mean "install" by the term run, there is NO way to do that without being root.
>  :D

If I meant install I would have said install.

Yes, you have to install Wine as root. That is the only thing you do as root. Winetricks uses Wine, and by running it as root you ran Wine as root. Uninstalling Wine will not fix the permissions problems this creates; you have to delete ~/.wine and reinstall your apps as a normal user.

You still haven't answered my question about what version of Wine you are using.