[Wine] Direct3D natively on Linux through Gallium?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 22 07:31:30 CDT 2010

  On 9/21/10 8:43 AM, Luis Alvarado wrote:
> Was going to ask the same question. And i quote:
>
> "In fact, today a new Gallium3D state tracker was pushed into Mesa and it's perhaps the most interesting state tracker for this open-source graphics driver architecture yet. It's a state tracker that exposes Microsoft's DirectX 10/11 API on Linux! And it's already working and can be hooked into Wine!"
Wonderful, we have folks wanting a propriatary system in Wine.  Blah!
Remember, Wine is NOT only used with Linux.  I would NEVER expect to see
this for the Mac and surely not for any of the BSD runs.

> The way it reads it suggests that can help wine with the DX10/11 Api. It sounds at it could accelerate wine by a full year. 1.3.3 is great and i dont even use windows, not even for playing which was my LAST "excuse" of using windows for "something". But with this, if it is true, i think a lot more people wont be seeing or missing that other OS  [Laughing]

Nope.  They 'looked under the hood' and thus NONE of their code will be
able to be used with Wine, mostly to keep this project out of legal
waters we don't want even get near.

James McKenzie