[Wine] Re: Dragon Age dlc issues

thorin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 23 08:53:49 CDT 2010

When I try to start the daupdatersvc service, I get the following in the terminal.

Code:
 wine net start daupdatersvc
The Dragon Age: Origins Updater service is starting.
fixme:sync:CreateMemoryResourceNotification (0) stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.ServiceProcess"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"DAUpdater.Engine"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl SIO_GET_EXTENSION_FUNCTION_POINTER: unimplemented AcceptEx
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl SIO_GET_EXTENSION_FUNCTION_POINTER: unimplemented GetAcceptExSockaddrs
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl SIO_GET_EXTENSION_FUNCTION_POINTER: unimplemented TransmitFile
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.ServiceProcess.resources"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.ServiceProcess.resources"
The Dragon Age: Origins Updater service was started successfully.
sirbubbles at sirbubbles-desktop:~$

I have dotnet30 installed.

When stopping the service, I get this.

Code:
wine net stop daupdatersvc
The Dragon Age: Origins Updater service is stopping.
fixme:service:EnumDependentServicesW 0x124778 0x00000001 (nil) 0x00000000 0x32ed5c 0x32ed58 - stub
err:service:service_send_control service protocol error - failed to write pipe!
The Dragon Age: Origins Updater service was stopped successfully.

Anyone out there actually got this thing working?

I have installed the service by using dotnet's InstallUtil.exe to run daupdatersvc.service.exe in the game's bin_ship folder. Did this because I don't think the Steam version of Dragon Age installs the service properly straight off. When I start the game I do see daupdater.service.exe in the wine task manager briefly, so I believe the service is actually starting.