[Wine] Re: Keeping multiple wine versions

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 25 13:53:04 CDT 2010

alekseevic wrote:
> Thank you, guys.
>
> It works, I'm able to run different windows programs with different wine version.
>
> As told before it's just needed to compile wine and not install it.

you can compile wine and install it.. just every version you configure, make sure to set its prefix to a unique location... the prefix is where it will install to.  You will not have all these locations in your Path of course, but it works fine, a lot better than keeping the compiled folder around where you need to delete huge amounts of stuff or waste tons of space.