[Wine] C&C Generals Zero Hour

iluii wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 25 13:53:38 CDT 2010

Im not a total noob to linux since I've been using it for at least 2 years but I havent had the time to really get into it and have been able sort of learn as I go. As for my problem, I was able to get C&C Generals and Zero Hour working with audio on my Xubuntu 10.04 using Wine 1.3.3, I own the originals but unfortunately they are halfway accross the globe from me right now so I took the install folders directly from my friend's ***doze PC and got it to work fine. Everything was going fine until one morning when the game decided to stop working, I had been fiddling with the registry a bit and had recently done an update so I attributed it to this. I purged wine deleted my .wine, reinstalled and used wincfg to create a new .wine, then I put both generals and zero hour back in into the wine c: drive and tried playing them both. Generals worked (with no audio, I guess ill have to download pulse support or use pasdp Im sure ill figure it out) but zero hour will not start any more no matter what I do, the splash screen comes up the screen goes blank and then it goes back to my desktop. I now its not a no-cd problem because my friend runs it on his ***doze pc no problem and as I mentioned before I was running his folders on my wine until recently. Ill post my terminal ouput to see if anyone can help me out since its chinese to me, please help I was in the middle of a generals challange!! BTW I tried reverting to wine 1.2 stable but didnt help

TERMINAL OUTPUT
francisco at francisco-laptop:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/EA Games/Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour$ wine generals.exe
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_CreateIconFromANI Loading all frames for .ani cursors not implemented.
fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_CreateIconFromANI Loading all frames for .ani cursors not implemented.
err:d3d:check_fbo_compat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from Framebuffer format check @ utils.c / 1072
err:d3d:check_fbo_compat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from Framebuffer format check @ utils.c / 1072
err:d3d:check_fbo_compat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from Framebuffer format check @ utils.c / 1072
err:d3d:check_fbo_compat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from Framebuffer format check @ utils.c / 1072
err:d3d:check_fbo_compat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from Framebuffer format check @ utils.c / 1072
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x338548,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init The application requested more than one back buffer, this is not properly supported.
Please configure the application to use double buffering (1 back buffer) if possible.
fixme:d3d8:ValidatePixelShader (0x2ed04c8 (nil) 0 (nil)): stub
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10064, 0x13770: stub

Heres is the Integrated Video info
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: IBM Device 0582
Memory at a0080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
I/O ports at 1800 [size=8]
Memory at c0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
Memory at a0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: i915
Kernel modules: i915

PS does anyone know how to determine the size of my intergated video memory using the info provided?