[Wine] POP T2T cd protection doesn't work.

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 25 14:20:02 CDT 2010

  On 9/25/10 7:53 AM, vitamin wrote:
> ace.neerav wrote:
>>   i think macs are pretty immune to those. besides it would be contained within wine.
> The problem is some of those trying to do things that will break Wine. Or make patched game unusable.
>
> There are no workarounds, that's the whole point about this cd-protection. The only way to get these games to work is to remove this protection.
The no-cd cracks remove the requirement to use a CD when the game is
started.  They do not get around other protection, which may explain the
'black screen'.  Sadly, it looks like you will either have to find a
MacOSX native version of this program or load Virtualbox and a version
of Windows (I recommend staying away from Vista, it is horrible.)

James McKenzie