[Wine] Khmer Unicode problem on Wine 1.2 and 1.3

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 26 08:48:36 CDT 2010

  On 9/26/10 6:24 AM, preahkumpii wrote:
> I have been trying to get Wine to work correctly with Khmer unicode. I am using theWord (http://theword.gr), which renders Khmer just fine in Windows. However, when I run the program in Wine, everything functions perfectly, except the Khmer font rendering.

Are you setting the wine session to use the Khmer language when starting
it, even if your computer's language is already set so?

>   I have the fonts installed in Wine and the script does display in the font. However, the script is displayed incorrectly, as if the open layout tables in the fonts are not there or supported. So, the text is useless. Does Wine support Khmer unicode or not?
If it is Unicode, Wine should support it.
>   Can anyone provide some information on how to fix this, or at least confirm that is it a known problem. Thanks in advance.

The start line should be something like:

LC_LANG = <Unicode UTF line for Khmer> wine theword.exe <or the
executable for The Word>

James McKenzie