[Wine] Copying application from Windows to WINE

MrZehl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 26 12:45:28 CDT 2010

It's not the best way to do it, but I've no choice. I lost the installcd of Dragon Naturally Speaking. The laptop on which I installed it goes with my ex-wife. I want to get Dragon working under WINE on my computer.

Of course I can try to copy the whole windows partition in a wine environment, export the registry complete, import that in wine, but that would be an overkill. Of course the only directories I have to copy are the program directories and the windows directory including the system and system32 subdirectories. Probably. But importing the complete registry... better not.

Is there a way to create a list of components and registry entries I need to get it working so I can copy the needed files and entries into WINE?

Does an application exists that does this automaticly? It would be nice for applications that can work under WINE, but where the install fails.