[Wine] EPSXE under WINE.

Chegz254 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 30 04:13:03 CDT 2010

Hello. This thread is to help anyone having problems with using EPSXE psx emulator in WINE.

EPSXE can work in WINE, only if you install directx in WINE. WINE alone does not have directx installed with it but EPSXE requires directx to function. You would need to install directx using any game which has "Install DirectX" or something similar. The redist packages for directx found online will not be able to be opened using WINE. I do not exactly know why they do not work, but if you know, tell me.

When using EPSXE, use any of the OPENGL plugins to play games. Use DirectX plugins only if you know that your graphics card and gpu can handle it. Enjoy!