[Wine] Slowdown in Wine 1.3.16+

sfatula wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 3 18:40:35 CDT 2011

I was previously running Wine 1.3.15, and, upgraded to 1.3.17. I am running (not self written) essentially a VB6 app that displays various grids and such. Previously, the grids (activex controls) were a tad slow, but nothing too bad. Now, they are many times slower, I guess barely tolerable.

However, the update also was to quartz which went from 1.9.3 to 1.9.5.

Has anyone else had slowdowns in their VB6 apps with the latest wine versions? Or, with the latest quartz versions?

I see that 1.3.16 I think had a lot of display updates, so, curious about experiences with VB6 apps that display grids.

Platform is Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.7