[Wine] Re: creating built-in firewall for Wine

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 5 14:26:15 CDT 2011

Maybe we're talking about different things.  "Firewall" traditinally
means "a network filtering device that makes decisions purely
based upon network traffic".    That's the kind of thing I pointed
you to in my previous message.

You might be thinking of the expanded definition used by Microsoft:
"a network filtering device that makes decisions based upon
what executable is trying to do the networking".
Is that what you're after?

The latter type of filtering is probably possible on Linux by
using selinux or apparmor, and would be much more secure
than trying to do it at the wine layer.
Please give that a try.