[Wine] Suggestion: Disable X

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Wed Apr 6 03:06:43 CDT 2011

"Dadas" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> ... when i close ssh connection, server will end too :(
> i already tried nohup and screen, it doesnt work

It sounds as if what you need is a "null" X server:  something
that pretends to be an X display, but actually has no display
hardware and just maintains a (small) memory array which it treats
as a simple frame buffer.  I'm no X-pert, but it would not surprise
me at all if the X11 distribution contained something like this,
maybe among the examples or contributed software.