[Wine] How do you update winetricks?

aydos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 8 10:28:20 CDT 2011

I am trying to play Rift. I just did a full install of openSUSE 11.4 (wanted to try something other than ubuntu). I added the WINE repo and installed it. I then installed Rift with the downloader with WINE instead of using my windows install. I used the winetricks that came with WINE and installed d3dx9 and vcrun2008.

I launched Rift and patched it, but when I hit play I get a Bright flashing screen. I saw in the appdb that this happens if you have an old install of winetricks and that if I update winetricks it will resolve the issue.

My question is how do I unintall winetricks and install a newer one or how do I update my existing one.

Thank you.