[Wine] Re: Chinese character is not shown properly for some programs

cnbiz850 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 17 01:55:25 CDT 2011

I have been running Wine with Chinese programs for a few years.  I have to admit that it is really a messy issue.  Mostly I check with Ubuntu's Chinese forum, and there are quite some discussions about how to fix the problems.  My experience is that none of the techniques proposed there fully solve the problem.  So far, the most effective way of displaying Chinese fonts in Wine seems to use the Wine-cn package on PPA (https://launchpad.net/~wine-cn/+archive/ppa).  It is less updated though (currently is 1.3.12).