[Wine] Re: No$Zoomer not recognizing NDS ROMs

F_style wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 19 01:14:40 CDT 2011

After a couple of hours of research, I'm coming with some more news: it was not the NO$Zoomer version -works also with 2.3.0.2-, but a bit of my foolishness, and I apologize beforehand.

NO$Zoomer not being able to see the game files was a symptom of not being able to locate original No$GBA's path, for putting it in some way, and it wasn't able to locate it because I changed NO$GBA's name! I renamed "NO$GBA.exe" to "NoGBA.exe" because Wine doesn't allow the character '$' when trying to run from console, as I always do. And that' was effectively screwing me up. Crap, should have realized that before...

So summarizing, to run NO$Zoomer you need to rename it without the '$' character, and there's no problem with leaving it this way. However, in order to use original NO$GBA executable renaming it is also needed, but ONLY when using this one. You should give it its original name after using it in order to avoid Zoomer conflict.

To use Zoomer you still need to delete the NO$Zoomer.ini file each time you want to use it, though, as I mentioned in the previous post.

@KenSharp: after all looks like you don't need 2.3.0.1, although you could have just asked Google for "NO$Zoomer 2.3.0.1", it's not hard to find.