[Wine] API-MS-Win-Security-Base-L1-1-0.dll Failed To Initialize

StrangeWill wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 20 14:26:32 CDT 2011

Trying to run code I compiled on windows:

> debian-test:~# /usr/local/bin/wine EventLogViewer.exe
> Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
> Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
> err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
> err:module:attach_process_dlls "API-MS-Win-Security-Base-L1-1-0.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\EventLog\\EventLogViewer.exe" failed, status c0000142

Running it from putty, it's a console application... should work, right?

Copied API-MS-Win-Security-Base_l1-1-0.dll, getting this very vague error about that library.

I'd of course just compile and run as a native Linux application but I need these two files:

#include <winevt.h>

wevtapi.lib

For pulling logs over Windows RPC... neither which are available on Linux.