[Wine] pixels in half life 2

hpg321 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Apr 20 17:04:40 CDT 2011

Decided to try wine to run games so I did not need to dual boot with windows.  I downloaded steam first because it looked like it worked well in wine.  Steam is working great.  Downloaded Amnesia, the Dark Descent first and tried it out.  It runs great.  Decided to try Half-Life 2 and I get the Valve screen then it goes black for a second then the screen is just a bunch of random pixels.  I am a newb to wine so please don't be to harsh with me.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Radeon HD 5450
Phenom II X6 1065T
Ubuntu 10.04
Wine 1.3.18