[Wine] Re: How to recompile Wine on ARM

jim11 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 26 01:30:42 CDT 2011

I apologise if this is a dumb question, but I am attempting to do the same thing (i.e. compiling wine for ARM except this is an ARMv7) I have followed the configuration commands (./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi --with-wine-tools=../wine-tools [<- compiled these from a separate tree] --without-freetype) and now I am using the make command.  I keep getting this error:

 In file included from ../../../include/windef.h:252,
                 from ../../../include/wine/library.h:27,
                 from ../../../libs/wine/config.c:36:
../../../include/winnt.h:1526: error: redefinition of ‘struct _CONTEXT’
../../../include/winnt.h:1566: error: conflicting types for ‘CONTEXT’
../../../include/winnt.h:1006: note: previous declaration of ‘CONTEXT’ was here
make[1]: *** [config.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/****/wine-git/wineOnArm/libs/wine'
make: *** [libs/wine] Error 2

At first I thought it was a left over config from another branch I made, but after I ran a make distclean on my previous branches. The error persists.  I think I read in Vitamin's Blog entry about having to erase some CONTEXTs is this what he's talking about?  Other important info, I am using CodeSourcery 2009-q27 cross-compilers.  The objective is to get wine running on a gumstix. (Even if all I can do is recompile programs from source with the winelibs)  Sorry to hijack the blog, but this seemed like the most appropriate place.  Also would anyone have a working wine tarball that I could just deploy, or is the only way to compile from source.  I have done a lot of google hunting, but came up with null...so I figured I would ask the source.  Anyways thanks in advance for any help and your time!