[Wine] "Find Printer" does not work

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Aug 1 04:27:58 CDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-31 at 20:43 -0500, jacquespotter wrote:
> Thanks for the support and I will continue to learn Linux, if not just
> for myself. I've recently learned that you can create a partitioned
> section for windows and Linux so I will be doing that sometime soon.
> That way I can learn and be compatible with all of my clients.

If you have a spare/little used PC that is now too slow to run Windows
but can run Linux I think you'd be better off with a two single boot
boxes. The RedHat Fedora distro says the minimum spec is a 400 MHz
Pentium Pro with 768 MB RAM and 30 GB is enough disk for a pretty full
install - my biggest system has 21GB on /home and the rest of the system
easily fits in 10GB.

You have much more flexibility with two networked boxes - for starters
you can run Samba and your Windows PC will treat the Linux box as a
Windows server, share printers, use it to back up all the PCs on your
network, etc. In any case Linux is a *much* better network OS than
Windows and its hard to find out about this without networking it.

Martin