[Wine] Mouse flickers between game and desktop cursors in Civ 4

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Wed Aug 3 04:02:13 CDT 2011

"juanbobo" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Don't know if this is a game-specific problem, but in Civilization
> 4 the mouse flickers between the game and desktop cursors, any
> help would be appreciated...

I doubt it's a game-specific problem, or a Wine problem, or even a
Linux problem, because I occasionally see the same kind of behavior
in a pure X11 program called "xpdf" -- in both Linux and FreeBSD
(which uses a completely different kernel than Linux).  I suppose it
is some kind of strange X11 bug that both Wine (when running Civ 4)
and xpdf manage to provoke.

And no, I have no idea what causes it or how to go about fixing it.