[Wine] Re: CDemu Half Life 2 install problem

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 3 17:41:48 CDT 2011

CDemu can mount 2 images at once. Why not have them both mounted at the same time to make a D: drive and an E: drive? Then you don't have to bother with ejecting, unless it looks to the same drive letter; but I think it would be smarter than that.
Also, people having problems with multi-CD/DVD installations with WINE has occurred before, and netbooks (no optical drive) aren't a rarity, plus there are MacBook Airs (no optical drive), so there is no argument that can accuse our op of piracy, though it might look a little suspicious. BTW, who thought that a CD check would reduce piracy? You can just make a physical copy the disc (duh), emulators aside. You need something like phone/ online activation, and have updates override hacked binaries. Did they think pirates were too lazy/ cheap to burn a disc? It's still cheaper than buying the game, even if you buy the blanks. If game discs were protected by drive firmware, then it might make sense, but they're not.

Cheers,
Jake