[Wine] Re: Installation error Macbook pro

rwoodsmall wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 4 19:35:14 CDT 2011

... and then I realized I didn't answer your question.  You can specify library and include locations with something like this:

Code:

export CFLAGS="-arch i386 -m32"
export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11/include"
export LDFLAGS="-framework CoreServices -lz -L/usr/X11/lib -lGL -lGLU"
./configure
make

The CFLAGS environment variable specifies to the compiler to output 32-bit binaries.
The CPPFLAGS environment variable tells the preprocessor to look for include files.
The LDFLAGS environment variable tells the linker where to look for libraries (and a few frameworks/libraries to which it should link).

Once Wine is compiled, you can run it from the source directory, but you'll need to tell the dynamic linker where to find some libraries:

Code:

export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/X11/lib"
./wine