[Wine] Re: Wine aborts setup.exe for weird reason: Need a FIX

Rising Eagle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 5 12:55:43 CDT 2011

This build is called 1.3.25 and is built specifically for Ubuntu Natty by Mathew Young and includes the patches needed to enable USB support. The repository is given below:

PPA for extra packages:

https://launchpad.net/~gtrsdk/+archive/extras

I cannot provide additional execution information since I double clicked on setup.exe from Nautilus. The exact error message and behavior is described fully above.

I have installed another package this way under wine (double click on setup.exe) and it worked fine. In this particular case, my guess is that wine creates a temp directory and copies setup.exe to it, but is unaware of the dependence on setup.LST and therefore does not copy it to the temp directory. If I could create a temp directory with all needed files and force wine to install from there, it might solve the problem.