[Wine] Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo (Steam) not launching

Quix0r wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 5 16:04:41 CDT 2011

I have it finally working, but with a lot flickers (I already tried all tips from across YouTube to the bug tracker) and slow animation. I was a bit able to play it (until my eyes got to much flickers ... :P )

Here are my settings for lesser (but still many) flickers:

Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]

"DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"
"RenderTargetLockMode"="disabled"
"StrictDrawOrdering"="enabled"
"VideoMemorySize"="512"

The last one is to tell Wine the correct VRAM size. The second one nearly eliminates all flickers (sometimes they came back, e.g. when you are close to a broken light in first demo map). And it is still slow FPS...