[Wine] Re: Newbie Question Minimum DLLs or Components Required

Geezanansa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 6 14:14:34 CDT 2011

I am a new ubuntu user trying to get Call Of Duty 2 working.
Just thought I would share what I have been recently learning.

To save conflicts use a different wineprefix for each installed app/game....

Wine, wine tricks and Play on Linux refer to wineprefixes.
CrossOver games refer to winebottles.
Different names for different applications.  All the same thing except you pay for CrossOver so to make it different from other gui for wine call the prefixes something different.???   Shame it dont work for CoD2.

I too am trying to verify dlls and dependent apps to add to winecfg libraries to get COD2 working (well)on my system(natty 64bit)

Speculate to educate.