[Wine] Wine and MSSQL 2008: SSL Security Error

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 20:57:18 CDT 2011

On 8/5/11 12:52 PM, Romulo Carlos wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestions.
>
> I removed the prefix used, uninstall Wine, and install the new version, the erorr is the same.
>
> Then, try to install FreeTDS and unixODBC, but I don't know why, FreeTDS returns a lot of errors during install. The "tsql" command don't work, a counter appears on the terminal counting until I stop with CTRL+C.
>
> unixODBC was already installed with LibreOffice 3.2 (office suite), but I don't know how to configure LibreOffice yet.
The difficulty is not configuring LibreOffice, but rather configuring
unixODBC and insuring that it is available to FreeTDS.  This may require
contacting the FreeTDS folks and asking them how to configure it for
your particular application and purpose.

People using Wine have experienced difficulties configuring it to
connect with MS SQL regardless of the 'flavor'.  You might also want to
search the forum for other topics regarding connecting Windows programs
in Wine thorugh unixODBC or even the Windows ODBC.

James