[Wine] Re: Profili Pro software needs mdb file?

jjmckenzie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 6 22:41:55 CDT 2011

superbug20 wrote:
> I don't have a dual boot computer. It is Ubuntu only. The file is located "I'm guessing" in the fake windows path created by wine.  I didn't install or copy the file to the location, I just looked to see if a file was where the error said it had the problem at.  Hope this helps.

Ok.  What may have happened is the .mdb file may be corrupt or empty when it should not be.  Can you do the following in a new/fresh Wineprefix:

Install mdac28 using winetricks
install jet40 using winetricks
install the airfoil profiling program

Then try to run the program?
I know this looks like a lot of work, but the files for winetricks are already downloaded and the process to set a new Wineprefix for the install is:

Code:

export WINEPREFIX=<enter a directory path here>
sh winetricks mdac28
sh winetricks jet40
change directories to the airfoil profiling program's install directory
wine <install program name>

A few more steps is all that should be needed to see if installing the two functions eliminates the problem.

If you have done this already, my apologies.

James