[Wine] Re: MS-Office 2003 crashes when loading documents

Shdwdrgn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 11 11:22:50 CDT 2011

The only thing I have installed is Office 2003 Pro, which I selected to install everything.  It looks like those tools are included, so I went through and removed the language support and alternate input support.  Winword is still crashing when I try to open this file, so I wiped the .wine directory, ran winecfg to disable dw20.exe, then reinstalled Office using the typical setup method.

This seems to have worked on both computers... Apparently doing a full install is causing problems now, but I am not having problems with any documents on either computer now that I've reinstalled using the typical setup.

Thanks for all the help!  :D