[Wine] rome directx?

Folkert wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 13 17:30:17 CDT 2011

dear people, first of all I am a newbie when it comes to ubuntu, wine and everything, so this is a disclaimer in the very probable case that I ask a stupid question.

The issue is this: I installed Rome Total war +barbarian invasion, which goes smoothly, when I start however the program asks for directx 9. what to do?

I use wine 1.3.26 and Ubuntu 10.10

I tried downloading patches, but failed to know how to continue, even tried installing directx  but got issues after all. it seems to me that I try difficult options while the solution is actually very easy. I would be very grateful if someone could help me.