[Wine] Problems running Sims 3. Can you tell me what this error is?

Sarky wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 14 15:01:59 CDT 2011

Hi, I've been googling like mad trying to get Sims 3 working on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  I have wine, mono and winetricks installed and have tried all the tips I can find.   I got rid of the 'no game disk' problem, then I started crashing as the town was loading.  Sometimes the installer doesn't even get to the intro video.

Anyway, this error is a recurring thing throughout, so I was wondering if it might indicate my problem (or part of it).

wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\filename"

Any help with Sims3 would be appreciated.  Any info you need I'll try to provide.

Thanks :)