[Wine] Curious about ATI

blaten22 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 15 19:55:00 CDT 2011

I have a ATI 5700 HD with 1 gig of Vram on it.  I'm also running a 6600 dual core processor, with 8 gigs of RAM.

Just curious how ATI is standing up to performance in wine.  I'm getting ready to join the Linux band wagon, and may be redoing my rig at the first of the year.  I really hate to chunk my Video card though because its barely 2 years old and was top of the line at the time if I don't have to.

I'm using closed source drivers in Ubuntu 11.04 atm.  Though I've been distro hopping.  Can't really decide on what is the best distro for a gaming/family desktop.

Thank you all for your feed back!