[Wine] Re: Wine license and Mac App Store

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 16 19:24:07 CDT 2011

On the Wine side I'm not totally sure.. but LGPL is supposedly compatible with this.  If you change any of the LGPL code, you have to make those changes available.

As for Apple... it may or may not be accepted, but its possible since they do sell Cider ported apps in the store which is made from a fork off Wine.  I do not think they allow apps that require X11 to be installed though since its not considered a default install native framework or API.  If your using something like Wineskin, it has all that built in so doesn't require anything special to be installed on the machine.

I'd really be interested to know if you got this approved or not though.