[Wine] Re: How to let wine doing a rescan of PATA devices?

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 17 19:04:59 CDT 2011

Peter0  I have some horid news.  With a problem like what you a describing we are kinda stuffed.

Number 1 PATA by Linux kernel is not really believed to be hotplug.

Result you plug something in no notification in Hal or anywhere else to inform wine of change.   Yes the command to register device don't trigger hotplug notification.

There is a work around.  If the device is always appearing as the same /dev/<device> what normally does happen.  Manually add the device to wine using winecfg.   Yes this way EAC will report the drive is always their even when its not and throw up an error than it cannot access drive when it not connected.  But at least you don't have to restart EAC after connecting drive.

Yes native applications on Linux that do ripping probe without needing hot plug notification.  Wine needs the hot plug notification.  Since wine programs don't need to see every drive.