[Wine] mmdevapi changes

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 18 10:40:16 CDT 2011

looking for some input before I file a bug.. see if its needed... This is all only on Mac OS X.

On Star Trek Online, it has run in Wine since around 1.1.40 through current 1.3.26.  It always needed mmdevapi set to disabled for sound to work.

Starting at 1.3.25 there is no sound... so I was told mmdevapi changes made it need mmdevapi enabled again to get sound.  The problem is if i enable mmdevapi in 1.3.25 or 26 it just crashes the game...  below is the log from when it crashes.

http://pastebin.com/rTeMsPvx

so saw nothing useful in the log... I'm wondering though if is a CoreAudio problem since it seems thats often overlooked for sound.