[Wine] Is Wine having a bug in it's system?

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Aug 21 15:16:44 CDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 13:31 -0500, Gurple wrote:
> jjmckenzie wrote:
> > I have not heard of this before, but does Rainmeter attempt to connect
> > to the Internet to distribute information?  If so, this might be the
> > cause of the problem.
> >
> > Can you provide the version of wine you are using (from terminal type in
> > wine --version)?
> >
> > James
>

> No, RM doesn't attempt to connect to the internet.
>
> I am using Wine 1.3

If the problem persists after a reboot, install Wireshark and its GUI
wrapper if you don't have them already. Start it and set it up to
monitor your ethernet connection. Then try running Rainmeter or any
other program that has the same problem. Wireshark should show which
program is trying to use the ethernet connection and what its trying to
do with it.

Martin