[Wine] Odd window behaviour

David Shaw dj.shaw at btconnect.com
Sun Aug 21 17:30:46 CDT 2011

Thanks for that, Martin.  I was already using the wrapper script idea
(from a suggestion you made in an earlier thread, in fact) but was
missing how to get the output into a file (I've only just started
learning how to use Bash properly).

The last few lines of the output are below - the full output is
available at http://tinypaste.com/1de560 for anyone who's interested -
which, to my untrained eye seems to implicate the X server.  I do find
it interesting, though, that this problem *only* manifests when calling
the script from a launcher on the panel.

David Shaw

trace:file:RtlDosPathNameToNtPathName_U
(L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll",0x32edbc,0x32edd0,(nil))
trace:file:RtlGetFullPathName_U (L"C:\\windows\\system32\\user32.dll"
520 0x32eaec 0x32edd0)
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
   Value in failed request:  0x0
   Serial number of failed request:  14538