[Wine] wine monopolizes the sound

cyphaw wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 24 01:02:22 CDT 2011

Hello,

I have a sound problem with wine: when it is running, the sound works fine, but no other application can play any sound. If I have sound playing elsewhere and then launch wine, then wine do not play any sound.

I am using pulseaudio, debian sid 64 bits and I can play several sounds at the same time.
This problem happen even if pulseaudio is disabled, and with every wine version I tried (1.0.1, 1.2.3, 1.3.24).

I've seen a lot of posts saying to run wine through padsp or aoss, but when I do it, I get the following errors:

with aoss: ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libaoss.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
with padsp: ERROR: ld.so: object 'libpulsedsp.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

The problem stays exactly the same (sound either in wine or the rest), it seems to be because of the fact that I am on a 64 bits OS.

I tried to download 32bits libraries libpulseaudiodsp.so and libaoss.so, the error messages change to those:
error while loading shared libraries: libalsatoss.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

It concerns other libraries called after the first, I changed them to 32 bits versions (btw, it calls libraries from /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib32) but I still get errors such as
error while loading shared libraries: libpulsecommon-0.9.23.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Any help would be welcomed.

Thanks.