[Wine] Error installing Wine in MAC OSX

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:24:54 CDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 5:00 AM, doh123 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> santana wrote:
>
> is this a serious post?  that link doesn't even talk about Darwine...
> for starters.. Darwine is really old, and not supported by anyone, and has a lot of problems.  There is no reason to use it at
> all.

Zach Drayer used to support building Wine on the Mac at that location.
 He has moved on to other things.

If someone is looking for a 'do all' script that will build vanilla
Wine I recommend Ryan Woodsmall's script, osxwinebuilder.  If they are
looking for a 'skinning' program that builds applications, I recommend
your product, WineSkin.  However, if you want more than just Wine in
the realm of UNIX/Linux products, either MacPorts or Fink should be
used instead.

James