[Wine] Re: wine monopolizes the sound

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 24 16:50:42 CDT 2011

> Actually, I don't use pasuspender, I killed all pulseaudio related processes, and it apparently falled back to alsa (pulseaudio didn't respawn).

Yep you have a sound card without a hardware mixer.   Killing pulseaudio and not inserting dmix results in exclusive access problem.  Basically you just did close to what the pasuspender script does.

You need a mixer of some form on a sound output or you have exclusive.

3 common options.  Hardware on the sound card.  Dmix from alsa and pulseaudio.