[Wine] Re: Portal 2 can't run setup EXE

MihanEntalpo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 27 14:05:27 CDT 2011

Hello, i found this thread when searching for answer on question "Why portal2's etup.exe doesn't run?"

And i found solution!

Now hear: the setup.exe will die with "access violation on 00409B2A " if you are trying to run it from FAT32 or NTFS partition. I don't know why, but it is true. So, move the installer's files to the Linux-kind partition (ext2, ext3, raizer, on so on) and run setup.exe - it will start normally!

Yes, i know, the last message on this thread was written at May, but now it's Augest. I just want to help others, who will try to solve that problem.

Have a nice play, everyone!