[Wine] Help with Sony Vegas 7.0a

DrNicholas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 28 23:41:23 CDT 2011

If you say sony vegas 7.0a does not work, then you are wrong, but I am having some minor issues. The second time I tried, I got it to do everything except display in that monitor. The rest of the times, the program crashed upon loading. Each try was done on a seperate install of the latest ubuntu. I followed this tutorial for Sony Vegas 8.0c (but I tried my best to make it work for 7.0a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ppcceV2ypo And following this and this http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=16608 helped to achieve a functional version working (of 7) on the 2nd try. I could not get video to display but when I rendered it, the rendered video had the video on it. Do you think you can help me get sony vegas 7.0a to work fully? I got it to work fully minus the video playback and thats a crucial element I need. Thanks