[Wine] Running Modern Warfare 2 on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty.

sepoto wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 30 02:37:00 CDT 2011

My hardware is Intel Core i7 4GB ram, Nvidea GeForce 310m graphics card. I installed my graphics drivers in Ubuntu 11.04 using the recommended techniques. My video drivers are noted as experimental however all features and 3D support is working in Ubuntu 11.04 gnome environment. I did not use the .run file downloadable from the Nvidea website. I have read the sticky about no sound. I have no sound right now. Modern Warfare 2 craps out with a "Direct X has encountered an error". If I can get this working in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty I will no longer have to boot into Windows 7 for anything. It is like the holy grail for me of Linux computing. Does anyone know why I am getting a "Direct X has encountered an error" dialog?