[Wine] Re: DOS programs on OSX?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 30 17:55:52 CDT 2011

johnsankey wrote:
> In the 1950's when I first started with computers, there was a common saying: anything that works is better than anything that doesn't.
>
> WINE doesn't seem to work with any of my critical Windows programs...

of course it cannot run everything.

and most things it can run will not run with default settings, you have to do some work to get it working.

Running a virtual machine uses a lot more overhead, costs a lot more (buying Windows) and has lower performance... but yes, its much easier because its real a real Windows OS just like the software was made for.